Monday 28 October 2013

Crazy fleshy sleep-deprived evil


I threw together some alternatives for the colours on her face. They all quite dramatically change the feel of the character.

While I'm digging the crazy evil mage look, it feels a little bit extreme.
I considered making her scars kind of glow, too. It is possible they glow when she performs certain kinds of magic, I have to draw that! Like as if her flesh is luminescent and the scars haven't healed perfectly well so it leaks out.

The sleep deprived makes sense, but makes for a pretty boring colour scheme.

The pretty one has it's own charms, the kind of disturbing, deformed beauty with a wicked interior. But I just... don't like the look, not for her. It's not no-nonsense enough.

In the end I'm pretty sure it's between raw and fleshy and the muted, purplish colours.
Perhaps I'll combine them and make the scars fleshier, the skin shinier, and the eyes a little more bloodshot.


UPDATE:

I thought the general colour scheme needed more fleshing out so I redid them with some accent colours, as well as more defined looks.
After the tweaking they all look a lot more appealing.
I also removed the glowing eyes from the crazy evil mage one, to make it less WHOA LOOK AT ME I AM EVIL PLEASE HIRE ME TO BE A ROYAL ALCHEMICAL ADVISOR (I promise not to sacrifice the servants all in one go).

But this makes it harder because now either could work.
I still think the upper left one is a bit too pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment